January 10, 2008

Signs of Times II

Is my past catching up with me?

Last night as I was logged in ym, a message popped: "hello" from someone of long ago, okay 4 or was it 5 years was not too long ago. He asked, if I still remember him? Yes, of course; I don't easily forget people I have slept with. At least those I have slept more than once.

We were sort of weekend lovers then, we only got to see each other during weekends. And come to think of it, he was at least one of those that I have not had sex on a first date. In fact it must have been on the 4th or 5th weekend that we have been going out that we hit the sack. And to think, we met in ym with a lot of sexual innuendos as a prelude to our initial meeting. But he was relatively young at that time 24 or 26 (I think); still confused, having or just broke with her girlfriend at that time and claimed to be still a straight guy even after repeated sexual encounters with another guy. He did, initiate our first sexual encounter and still claimed to be straight even after several more of that encounters.

Come to think of it, I don't think I'll ever forget him for the hilarity of one of our encounters, the last of our encounter to be precise; we were in the middle of it all, when I got a call from a frantic patient who is bleeding to death. It was so bad of me, giving out instructions to a patient over the phone while doing it still, well, actually trying to sustain the momentum for my mind (or was it my groin) was also telling me that I have to perfunctory release the built-up sexual tension after the call. I hastily calculated in my mind the travel time I have to make to the hospital. It was all haste after that call; it was just after midnight when I proceeded to the hospital. It was indeed a toxic call, I had to stay bedside to closely monitor and manage my critically ill patient; I only got to take a short nap for 2 hours when my patient was brought to the operating room for an emergency surgery procedure to control the bleeding. I got home very late that following afternoon when everything turned stable.

I got a call from him just as I was heading home. He was unbelieving that I was and still in the hospital from the time we parted. He had his speculations; I have a very tired mind and body; my exhaustion got the better part of my judgement and so I ended the call promptly with a goodbye, alas that turned out to be the final goodbye. We never got to see or talk after that, until last night.

We did not talk about 5 years ago. I got to see him, at least on webcam. He still looks good. Nothing serious was talked about. The naughty I of course tried flirting with him, but he is with someone now, just few months old as he claimed. That's already my signal; that is one rule I would like to keep, never get involve with someone who's already with someone. Nevertheless, it was nice catching up with him again, even if it's just in the web.

:)

No comments: