June 14, 2006

Postscript from last night...

Yes my dear F, what we had is real. A short-lived affair as it may have been. I thank you for the moments’ shared; for the joy of sharing and basking immensely; and for the courage, honesty and sincerity to face up to the reality of the moment.

I truly admire your courage when you speak of your worries and uncertainty to truly give yourself; but I say to you: there’s no measure for the immensity of what you have already given me: the chance to give myself freely and sincerely. A measure that I always thought I was not capable, for I have always thought of myself as too selfish, incapable of truly committing and giving myself to anyone. This realization has redeemed me. And for this reason alone I hold no rancor but have actually grown more respect and admiration for you.

I hold you dear and will always love you for the person that you are and for the person that I have become because of you. I’ll be here as a friend, always.


Sincerely,
pj

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do we all the more value love at separation? it might sting a bit, but love goes on beyond the relationship. as if, saying, "go on...move on...but part of you still remains..."

or this is all about a beautiful friendship, even after the relationship?

---introspectivetoo

pj said...

that's what i believe in: love goes beyond relationship. i always hold that love and relationships are entirely two different things...

... and it's also true: a part of me always remain the same way that with each enounter a part of me has been re-shaped...